2002 Mar 29 14:21

[no subject]

Sure these are probably missing a few commandments, but I can revise them
later. These are ones that I thought were important right now.
Obvious ones that could be added:
Perl, regexp, sed, etc... but these would likely be encountered as you
performed #1-10.

Then, once you are a systadmin, review BOFH
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.html

What do you do when a user complains they are too close to qouta?
a) Extend their quota
b) Argue for more disks
c) delete their mail
d) randomly delete files in their account
e) delete their account and all files, and then tell them they are not
your customer and should contact your customer service department
(actually the phone number of the janotorial closet in-house) during
normal business hours to try to straighten out the problems with their
claim to having an account. Then, prompty hang up before they can respond.

and laugh with the rest of us.

Certainly there are things missing, but who has the patience to include
them all, and then who would care enough to read them.

There may even be 1 user out these who has read to this point - not
counting me.

-ME