2002 Mar 31 09:24

[vox] Intro-to-Linux Class with DCN

Richard Lowenberg of the Davis Community Network e-mailed us and said:

  DCN would once again like to partner with LUGOD to offer a free
  public introduction to Linux, in April or May, preferably on a Monday
  evening at 6:30, at the City of Davis Computer Lab (or elsewhere that you
  suggest, if it makes more sense).

The city's lab is good.  We've used it in the past - once with a collection
of DemoLinux CDs to run Linux 'around' the installed Windows OS.

Unfortunately, seating was a little small.  Joel - would it be out of
the question for DCN and LUGOD to 'borrow' Z-World's meeting room
one extra day in April or May?

Richard continues...

  The class would be a general introduction for beginners, with Q&A
  opportunity.  Those wanting more and hands-on involvement can then
  follow on with LUGOD meetings and events, or additional classes that
  we might schedule together.

I'd be happy to teach or co-teach another intro. class.
Who else would like to help out?

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/