2002 Mar 28 00:41

[vox] CrossOver Office.

Beta tested this and iits scary as it does actually work pretty well. At
least this takes some of the excuse out of "But there is no MSFT Office for
Linux".

To be honest, I have no real need for Office lol.

Announcing CrossOver Office, new Support system  (Jeremy White,  Wed Mar 27
04:58:09 2002)

I am very excited to announce the next product in our
CrossOver family of products - CrossOver Office.

CrossOver Office will make it possible to install and use
popular Windows applications as easily as CrossOver Plugin
has made it to use Windows plugins, all without a Microsoft
Windows Operating System license.

Version 1.0 of CrossOver Office will support Microsoft Office 97,
Microsoft Office 2000, and Lotus Notes.  We hope to rapidly
expand our support throughout the year.

We have also made a major change in the way we deliver support
to our customers, in the hope that we can serve you better.

Specifically, we have built a completely new support
infrastructure which means that each customer support
email is assigned a ticket, and is tracked through our system.

We also are providing a new support web page,
    http://support.codeweavers.com
which provides you with a place to search the support
archives and check up on the status of your requests.

The new support system, if you sign in
(which is optional),  allows us to provide you
with some further features.

First, we can now automatically remail you a full installation download,
which we hope will come in handy when you've lost yours or when we
have a version upgrade.

Second, and we hope importantly, we are offering a special discounted
price to all of our current CrossOver Plugin customers - you
can buy CrossOver Office for $39.95 instead of $54.95, if you go
through the download section of the new support web site.

Once again, I want to thank all of you.  Working with our customers
has been the greatest pleasure we have had these past 9 months.

Please let us know if you have any problems or concerns.

Cheers,

Jeremy