2002 Mar 27 08:14

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

It would appear that on Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Mark K. Kim did say:

> It's Back-UPS 500.

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BK500MC&displaylist=Output,Astericks#anchor1

There are two power protected (and conditioned) ports and one surge
protected. If you have the monitor (this is the thing that's causing you
grief, right?) plugged into the cord hanging out the back , it's not
conditioned (to the best of my knowledge, *that*' the surge only one).

If that doesn't look like the right one, let me know and I'll talk to the
necessary people there to get it figured out.

> Thanks!  I'd be curious to know how you find this out!

As I said, used to work for 'em. Did you know that the alarm pitch is
slightly different for the various models? A power fluctuation in the
T&E/L10n lab was quite musical (well, sort of... dissonant would be
another possibility :) )
The monitoring software can apparently be used for some rather interesting
applications too...

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .