2002 Mar 27 00:12

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

Re: [vox] physics time (was: Smoothing out the powerline signal?)

Thank you, everyone.  I think I have a simple solution.  It sounds like,
if this is a EMI problem, I should get a distortion on my walkman when the
fridge compressor turns on/off.  I'll get to that when I get around to it.

The original reason I asked this question was because my DSL's been acting
funny (disconnecting and random times and staying off for hours or even
days), and the ISP was insisting there was nothing wrong on their end.
After a chat with the DSL repair (not the ISP), it appears they've been
getting a lot of problem reports from people on the router I'm connected
to.  They're looking into it.  So at the moment, I'm no longer in a hurry
to fix this problem.

But thank you for all the calculations and equations.  It reminded me of
some of the physics stuff.  And I'm glad I don't have to use them on a
daily basis.  No offense... :)

Some of you suggested plugging in the fridge on a different circuit.
Well, I'm renting a single room in a house so I don't have many choice in
power outlets.  BTW, how am I supposed to know which outlet is on the same
switch anyway?

Anyway, I'm putting physics aside and going back to my regular
programming.

-Mark (V=IR is all I ever needed)

--
Mark K. Kim