2002 Mar 26 10:27

Re: [vox] [OT] Smoothing out the powerline signal?

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, ME wrote:

> How close is your fridge to your computer and other devices?

Umm... it's a mini fridge... doubly serving as my printer stand :)

I can't believe an EM from the fridge can disturb a huge device like an
electron gun inside the CRT, especially when the monitor is shielded.
Plus, the power line is fluctuating all the time (60Hz) but that's not
very apparent at all; why would it become so apparent only when the fridge
turns on/off?  Can you convince me it's at least plausible?

Thanks!

-Mark (didn't take any EM classes, but not regretting it)

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/