2002 Mar 20 19:47

Re: [vox] Crossover Plugin?

I believe it uses wine to run quicktime for windows as a plug in for
your browser under linux.

Has worked pretty well for me so far.. (I get quicktime audio/video
in Mozilla now).

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 10:55:15AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> what's crossover?  i know that plugger can view quicktime, but it's some
> version of quicktime that's hardly ever used (i think.  i'm not really
> knowledgable at all in multimedia stuff).
>
> what can crossover do that plugger can't?  i might be interested myself.
>
> pete
>

> begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
> > I just shelled out $25 for the Crossover plugin.  Holy cow!  Now I can
> > finally watch those movie trailers on Apple's website, and listen to
> > KXJZ live on my desktop!
> >
> > Having said that, has anyone encountered any major issues with Crossover
> > that I should be aware of before they come up and explode in my face?
> >
> > Richard
> > (Who hasn't bothered with Windows for almost a full month now -- wahoo!)

-

  Zachariah D. Johnson		Phone : 1-530-752-8801
  Systems Administrator		E-Mail: zjohnson@math.ucdavis.edu
  Mathematics			Office: 657 Kerr Hall
  UCDavis			WWW   : n/a