2002 Mar 20 13:24

Re: [vox] Linux changes you...

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 10:27:28AM -0500, Eric Engelhard wrote:

> Yes, when I brought down our linux cluster to upgrade to a new UPS. I
> wasn't setting any records, since I had to shut it down ~ 9 months
> earlier when we moved to out present location. It was eerily quiet and I
> knew that my batch jobs weren't running. I was surprised at how
> disturbing it was.

There is that, too.  This is the only workstation I have, and although I have
a little Debian-based laptop, it's not quite as powerful as my Athlon.

It seems so...odd...to not be able to just nip into my office and code...

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Unix System Administrator

Damnat quod non intelligunt.