2002 Mar 20 23:00

Re: [vox] Linux changes you...

Don Werve wrote:
[snip]
> Actually seeing my physical workstation sitting there in front of me felt
> a bit strange; I have gotten so used to just sitting down at my keyboard and
> working that the concept of a physical computer being present just sort of
> left my mind.
>
> Anyone else run into this?

Yes, when I brought down our linux cluster to upgrade to a new UPS. I
wasn't setting any records, since I had to shut it down ~ 9 months
earlier when we moved to out present location. It was eerily quiet and I
knew that my batch jobs weren't running. I was surprised at how
disturbing it was.
--
Eric Engelhard - www.cvbig.org - www.sagresdiscovery.com