2002 Mar 20 19:44

[vox] Linux changes you...

My new kitten somehow managed to kill my motherboard by playing scratchy-
scratchy with the connectors on the back panel -- not sure how, but it
doesn't work properly anymore.

While I was pulling my workstation out of my desk, I came to the realization
that, as a Linux user, I hadn't even bothered to look at my workstation for
months; e.g., that it's been sitting in its own little cabinet for so long
that it had accumulated a thick carpet of dust on top.

The reset button has never been used.

Actually seeing my physical workstation sitting there in front of me felt
a bit strange; I have gotten so used to just sitting down at my keyboard and
working that the concept of a physical computer being present just sort of
left my mind.

Anyone else run into this?

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>