January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 05 02:51

Re: [vox] [vox-tech] webpage question

I just want to point out a couple things, neither of which may be relevant
but may be helpful:

FYI, what you're about to use is Dynamic HTML (DHTML), not specifically
Javascript.  Javascript is used by DHTML for animation, but DHTML specs is
what determines the layers, coordinate systems, and such, and glues
Javascript as a part of the spec to make everything dynamic.  You'll need
to know that when you look for more resources on the web (google search
for "dhtml" instead of simply "javascript").

Also, Javascript is easy to learn if you know just C (except all functions
in Javascript are grouped into hierarchical names separated by ".").
Java will be difficult to learn knowing only C, however.  FYI, Java and
Javascript have nothing in common except for the name and their indirect
root in C;  AMOF, Javascript was invented separately from Java, and was
originally named "Livescript" (by Netscape), renamed only later when
another technology released slightly earlier, Java (by Sun), caught the
hype-fever.

-Mark

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/