2002 Mar 04 11:09

[vox] [vox-tech] webpage question

hey marianne and rod,

cropping isn't an option -- i was thinking of trying to figure out how
to "animate" a background.  so having a background:

    |lo                                                    hel|
    |ld                                                    wor|
    |  i think i shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree.  |

where the 2 ends "fit together" (symbolized by my hello world).

then redisplyaing the background at different coordinates to give the
illusion that you're walking or viewing something that moves.

so i need to figure out 2 things:

1. how to display an image with putting a certain coordinate in the
upper left corner of the browser window

2. how to constantly change the background image

i think the answer lies somewhere in javascript.   i started playing
around with javascript yesterday (http://www.dirac.org/eatery).  never
mind the content.  the point was to learn some javascript.

do you guys know enough javascript to help me out with this?

pete