2002 Mar 01 21:08

Re: [vox] Evidence Eliminator sinks to new low....

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 18:59, Ryan wrote:

> The 'error page'
>
> http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/go.shtml?
>
> The Wired story
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,50555,00.html
>
> EE's response (LYCOS NETWORK'S WIRED.COM SPEWS HATE PROPAGANDA)
>
> http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/dis-information/wired/lycos.shtml
>
> If they had a real gripe, they could sue for slander, but the wired story is
> true, and "Robin Hood Software" is full of shit.
>
> I'd like to see Lycos/Wired Sue these snake oil sales men for free.
>
> There are plenty of free programs that can securely wipe your hard drive,
> although Evidance Eliminator trys to clean out history, cookies, old mail,
> free space, etc. without thrashing your system, but it can't possibly know
> about all programs that might leave 'incriminating' stuff around.
>
> On thier 'error page'....
>
> This is just plain takeing advantage of user ignorance, it's absolutly
> disgusting.....

Well if you're using Windows how can you be truly sure that your
trackable pieces have been really removed? Its a shame that sharks like
this lurk on the 'net. They are hosted on Pipex, please hope that they
spam me, I really hope so indeed, then I'd have them...Hopefully.

Another thing I don't trust; Most firewalls on MSFT Windows, can you
really trust *all* ports have been closed? Just a thought. Sure you can
nmap the host etc...Would that prove anything?

Matt