2002 Feb 26 18:15

Re: [vox] Fw: CalWeb Alert: Call or email your Congressman today

Re: [vox] Fw: CalWeb Alert: Call or email your Congressman today

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:42:28PM -0800, nbs wrote:
<snip>

> The House will be voting on H.R. 1542 tomorrow.  This bill is designed to
> remove the requirement of the monopoly phone companies to provide high speed
> services to other companies, in effect undoing the Telecommunications Act of
> 1996 as well as the anti-trust breakup of AT&T in 1984.

I just sent my letter to Congressman Doug Ose.  After, /two years in a row/,
having to deal with the complete incompetence of Pacific Bell, this
bill sounds HORRIBLE.

As the bill is going up for debtate TOMORROW, you MUST do this immediately!

I urge all of you who've had problems with PacBell or AT&T to make yourselves
heard!

  Congressman Doug Ose's contact page:
  http://www.house.gov/ose/contactus.htm

  530-669-3540