2002 Feb 22 13:47

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] php wonders. (was on vox)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 08:55:45PM -0500, Erik Mullinix wrote:

> If you were to write a corriculum to "Convert" a company of 50 people to
> Linux for workstations how would you do it?

This is hard to answer without first knowing what the people in the
company need or want to do. :)

Not being a traditional 'office worker' type of person myself
(everyone shut up :) ), I rarely have need for a word processor or
spreadsheet, for example.

I find this conversation quite engaging, though... if you can think of
some more specific hypotheticals, it'd be nice to mull around in my mind. :)
I enjoy teaching, and enjoy using Linux, and therefore enjoy teaching
Linux.  Maybe coming up with a broader-scoped LUGOD meeting topic (or
perhaps another class with DCN) on the subject of "Linux in Business"
would be nice.

Actually... one thing I know RoseLUG tries to focus on is just that.
Unfortunately, their mailing list is quite dry.  (A few messages a
month... and it's a general discussion list, just like our 'vox' and
SacLUG's 'lug-nuts'!)

-bill!
Thinking about the suggestion Steve Wormley gave me about creating a
mailing list for members of all three LUGs to participate in... although
that was for technical discussion, not general banter, like this...