2002 Feb 19 17:16

[vox] School Choices

I have been looking for a new position (Job) and keep getting told I need
credentials (CCNA, MCSE, A+) and training. I am looking into going back to
school full time for a little while, but really need some direction. I have a
good background in IT and really like working in it. I am stuck on several
points and I am looking for some advise from those of you that are in the
workforce and know what direction will be good, bad or a waste of time.

1	Trade school to get the credential faster or College?
2	I was thinking of getting my CCNA and A+ along with getting a Linux Cert.
on the side. Should I go for an MCSE even though I detest working on it?
3	I would like to do Networking and Security, but I do enjoy programming
(though I wonder if I can do it professionally).

I am not looking for any of you to hold my hand and make these decisions for
me, but some direction from those of you who are in the trenches would be
much appreciated.

Rusty