2002 Feb 08 18:34

[vox] [Fwd: [cvbig] position open]

FYI:
--- Begin Message ---
The Jackson Laboratory- JAX West

Software Engineer II
  jax/44

Our Davis, CA location (JAX West) seeks a regular full time Software
Engineer II position at our West Sacramento facility. The successful
candidate will identify and develop appropriate programming solutions for
data storage, analysis, and visualization associated with the JAX West
Phenotyping database. The individual will work in conjunction with the
Physiogenomics Unit Manager and Bioinformatics Manager to develop routines
for physiological data acquisition and retrieval. Additional
responsibilities include developing and evaluating software tools for
custom project tracking and reporting as well as providing support for
computer-interfaced lab equipment. A degree in Computer Science and 1-2
years' programming experience are required (strong candidates with a degree
in the Biological Sciences and 2-3 years' programming experience will also
be considered). Knowledge of multiple programming and scripting languages
and operating platforms is essential. Experience designing
and administering relational databases is desirable.

The Jackson Laboratory is a world class basic research institute in genomic
research and provider of genetically defined inbred and mutant mice and
related services to the
biosciences research community.

Visit the following link for more information on The Jackson Laboratory:

www.jax.org

Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to:
jax/44
Human Resources -CA
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main Street, Box 27
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Fax: (207) 288-6106
Email: jobs@jax.org
The Jackson Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.