2002 Feb 06 15:58

Re: [vox] [job] PC installation / setup job

Re: [vox] [job] PC installation / setup job

I is possible that the Navy has either a site or some
type of regional/national contract with Microsoft that
allows the Navy to use some or all of the Microsoft
programs.

This type of bundling is pretty common and presents a
significant barrier to entry for many companies that
might decide Linux on the desktop for their web
enabled package and some Linux office software would
be acceptable for some, but not all of their users.

These type of contracts make the IT persons work
easier because they can make it look like they are
saving money and they only have to support the 15
forks of Windows instead of the 15 forks of Windows
and 3 forks of Linux :-).

Joel

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:04:44PM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:02:02PM -0800, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
> > Rod,
> >
> > Why don't your write up a business model / proposal for this and maybe they
> > will bite.  I would be willing to donate some of my time for any linux
> > going in.
>
> Same here.  Navy's a tough target, though.
>
> --
> Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
> Unix System Administrator
>
> Plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens.
[...]