2002 Feb 06 10:49

Re: [vox] Mailing list archives

begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>
> > matt, this would be on the transgaming website.  also, i beleive winex
> > is compiled with printing off.  if you want to enable printing, you need
> > to recompile winex from source.
> >

> They say rtfm to me...As they say to everyone else. Its not a bad doc,
> just have to seek out the relevant parts.

sorry; i really don't normally say RTFM to people.  here's my
philosophy on life in the open source movement:

if i know the person already knows to RTFM, i assume they're tired of
rtfm'ing and just want an answer.  we all just "want an answer"
sometimes.  researching every little question gets tiring.  telling
someone in this situation to rtfm is just plain rude, and whoever does
it needs to be slapped across the face.  (metaphorically).

if the person obviously doesn't know that we're supposed to rtfm our
own answers and that every so often it's nice to be spoonfed, i usually
give an answer and a small "rtfm".  like with that psycho nut, tom, a few
months ago.

in your case, i know you know how to rtfm.  the only reason why i
mentioned the transgaming site is that i honestly can't remember what
the post said other than:

1. they said that printing is turned off in winex by default.
2. they gave a website to go to for printing under wine, but i don't
   remember the site.

the transgaming site is a big fat mess, and totally user unfriendly.
it's just plain awful.  i just don't have the time to spend the 30
minutes looking for the post, so i passed you the ball.   :-)

so in short, i wasn't telling you to rtfm.  i was telling you i just
don't know the answer, but i know where important clues lie.  sorry if
it seemed otherwise!   :-)

> Once I get it sometime in the New Year :). I'll post (should not be that
> long lol).

5 bucks a month is a pittance to pay.  it's worth it to keep the project
alive.  it's the least we can do now that loki is no more.

> This is a "tad" more complicated than getting the real program to run.

in general, winex has been pretty good to me.  the biggest problem in
getting something to work is sometimes you need to make symbolic links
by hand.  but otherwise, winex has been a snap.

pete

--
Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberties..cancelling ICBM treaties..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?