2002 Jan 29 12:59

RE: [vox] Help with Books on OS X and Linux Apps???

It is (helpful).  Thanks to you too Rod.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Roark [mailto:rod@sunsetsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 12:09 PM
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox] Help with Books on OS X and Linux Apps???

Most "Linux applications" are not really Linux-specific.  As MacOS X is
BSD-ish inside, there should be plenty of opportunities for
building/installing current open source apps with it.

The details will vary a great deal both by application and over time, so I
doubt you'll find any book about it that's terribly useful.  Mostly it's
going to be a matter of downloading the source for some app, reading the
README, and doing what it says.

Though coming from someone who has yet to use OS X (but plans to try it
out), I hope this is mildly helpful.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/