2002 Jan 28 22:22

Re: [vox] The next installfest

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> the main idea is who exactly will do this.  tisking other people for not
> doing something is easy.  the hard part is to take time out of your busy
> schedule to bring in the hardware and set up the configuration.

   1. Setting up DHCP server on a laptop - an evening's work & learning exp.
   2. Bringing it to IF - easy enough
   3. Hub - LUGOD's got several
   4. Cables - People connecting to the hub should have 'em.
   5. `/etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd start` (if you got RH) - easy to type

> unless someone is actually willing to do this, let's keep the tisking
> down to a bare minimum...  :)

I'd do it, but driving to Davis on a Sunday after church leaves about 1
hour for me to help anyone, which is quite impractical.  If we do
something afterwards to make it worthwhile for me to drive up there, I'm
up for it (entertainment, dining, sword-fighting...)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/