2002 Jan 27 00:58

Re: [vox] simple directory update

On Saturday 26 January 2002 09:52 pm, you wrote:
> cp -au /home/en /mnt/home/en
>
> This won't however remove files.
>
> Perhaps you could write a script (bash or perl)?

I must be a bit daft. I should have looked at the man page.  Yes it would be
a fun perl program.  First do cp -au, then recurse thru the directorys and
get rid of any ones that are gone in the source directory.  I just got a 40
gig drive, and want to back up directorys across nfs, or even on the same
machine, so after the initial copy, this should work to keep the backups
fresh, like run it in a cron at 3am.  Thanks ;~)