January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 21 11:51

Re: [vox] flight simulator for linux

On Monday 21 January 2002 07:41 am, you wrote:
> i just stumbled across:
>
> http://www.flightgear.org/
>
> a flight sim for linux.  looks pretty good, and the source is available
> (GPL).  looks to be already very playable.  screenshots look yummy!
>
> pete

Its not bad, lacks some of the polish of its commercial competitors, but then
its purely volunteer work and based on that fact alone its a very good sim :).

Checl www.x-plane.com for another sim, aledgedly (ack spelling, oh well) has
the best flight model on the home computer. And they are making a Linux port
eventually.

Matt