2002 Jan 17 14:51

[vox] SD West Offer Letter (redux)

this was originally a word document attached to the email i just
forwarded to the group.  i'm sending it in text for your viewing
pleasure...

----- Forwarded message from RMcClung@cmp.com -----

To: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
Subject: Re: SD West Offer Letter
From: RMcClung@cmp.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:18:01 -0800

Thanks for reminding me...I had forgotten about that. Here is the text
version:

Special Offer for LUGOD Members!

SD Conference & Expo
Also featuring Web Services World and the
SD Management Summit
Conference: April 22-26, 2002
Expo: April 23-25, 2002
San Jose Convention Center
San Jose, CA
http://www.sdexpo.com

The Software Development Events Group would like to invite LUGOD members
to attend the Software Development Conference & Expo also featuring Web
Services World and the SD Management Summit.

SD offers education spanning the software lifecycle ? from requirements
analysis, design, process and deployment, to specific languages, tools and
technologies.  This year, SD includes the second year of Web Services
World as well as the new SD Management Summit, with a valuable 'best
practices' focus taught by a faculty of management gurus you just won't
find anywhere else. You will get 3 conferences in 1, with over 180 classes
and tutorials in 12 technology tracks, including C++, XML, .NET, Java, Web Services and all aspects of Software Management.

Here are just a few examples of classes offered at SD:

?       Beginning and Advanced Tutorials on Template& Generic Programming in C++
?       Design Patterns in C++
?       Design Patterns in Python ? Tutorial
?       Open Source and Web Services
?       Web Services in Python
?       Building Blocks of Web Services: SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and ebXML, Part 1 and 2
?       And much more!

SD also offers a multitude of learning and networking opportunities.  We
are featuring five outstanding keynotes (including Scott Meyers, Clay
Shirky, Anders Hejlsberg and), our classic Birds of a Feather gatherings,
a lively exhibit floor and special events scattered throughout the week.
New this year, we will also have lunchtime Brown Bag Case Studies.

LUGOD members can also receive free admission to the expo floor (a $50
value) featuring the latest tools and technologies from the industry's leading
companies like Borland, IBM, Microsoft, Serena Software, VA Software,
WebGain and more. The free expo pass will also give members access to all
keynotes, panels, and technical sessions.

To register for your FREE expo admission or your special conference
discount, please register on-line at http://www.sdexpo.com or by phone at
(800) 441-8826.  Be sure to use the following discount code: 2WGRAS81.

For more detail about classes and events, please visit www.expo.com.

Hope to see you there!

Rory McClung
rmcclung@cmp.com