January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 16 20:24

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:53:57AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> bill, computer games are unlike movies.
>
> *usually* movie sequels are worse than the original
>
> case in point: star wars/empire vs return/phantom
> counterpoint:  hmmm... can't think of any at present.  terminator 2 is
>       pretty awesome, but not sure if i'd say better than terminator 1.

T2 is honestly the only sequel I can think of that was at least as good
as the original, if not better.

Anyway.. not really sure what your point was here...  I was just making
a joke about the cliche Monkey Island sequel titles...  (and cliche, no
doubt, is exactly what they were going for :) )