2002 Jan 16 12:04

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

bill, computer games are unlike movies.

*usually* movie sequels are worse than the original

case in point: star wars/empire vs return/phantom
counterpoint:  hmmm... can't think of any at present.  terminator 2 is
      pretty awesome, but not sure if i'd say better than terminator 1.

however, computer game sequels are *usually* better than the original:

case in point: ultima, wizardry, quake 2 vs quake 1
counterpoint:  can't think of any, although earlier infocom games were
    much better than the later ones.  not sequels per se...

	 pete

begin William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>