2002 Jan 16 07:42

Re: [vox] another transgaming winex success

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Had varied success with Transgaming winex too, only two things failed thus
> far:

I've got the sims from them and I've experienced very disturbing recurrent
errors.

First off, it runs slowly and crashes often, which I guess has
more to do with my computer than the game.  =)

Secondly, it doesn't seem to save unless I quit and save, which is
manageable, but annoying.

Third, and most vexing, houses just disappear.  Not that the family itself
has disappeared... When I play with their neighbors, the invisible family
will come over and visit.  And it's not that the house is just gone...
that would be extremely annoying in itself, but the reality is even
stranger.  In the game, when you're done with a house you can bulldoze it
down to an empty lot, which another family can buy.  When a house
disappears, it looks like I have an empty lot, but I can't sell it.  The
game obviously still thinks someone lives there, it just won't let me see
the house or get to the family directly.  I've lost three of my 10
possible houses into the void this way, with every indication that more
will follow.  This makes the game pert' near unplayable. =(

I looked around the transgaming sims FAQ and support pages, but no one
seems to be having this problem, as far as I could tell.  Bill emailed
them (you did, right?) but no response yet.  =P

 --
 {   That's just   } O o .