2002 Jan 11 17:40

[vox] (no subject)

Hello,

I work at Brocade Communications located in San Jose California. I am trying
to hire a Senior Linux Kernel Developer (Perm). I am not certain what the
appropriate protocol is for communicating with your organization so I am
attaching  the job description with more information about Brocade
Communications.

BROCADE is leading the way in a new category of networking: providing a
scalable, reliable foundation for storage environments. We are  the market
leader in Fibre Channel Fabric Switches-the essential framework for
networking servers and storage systems. With partnerships  with IBM, Dell
Computers, Compaq, HP and EMC, we have achieved 90% market share for
switches which makes us one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon
Valley. Feel free to visit our web site www.brocade.com to leran more about
our company and products.

 <<Sr. Linux Kernel Development Engineer.doc>>

Thank you!

Laurie DeGange
Senior Technical Recruiter
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
408-487-8044
ldegange@brocade.com

(huge mega uuencoded word document snipped.   here is the uudecoded,
stringed version):

bjbj
Sr. Linux Kernel Development Engineer
Location: HQ-San Jose, CA
This individual will work as a senior member of the Linux Kernel Development
Team to develop, upgrade and support future versions of embedded Linux
running on Brocade
s next generation of network switches and storage area
network solutions. Must be very familiar with Linux kernel development and
debugging tools and have a track record of delivering Linux or embedded
Linux based products. Must be familiar with developing and debugging in a
cross-platform environment. Must also have fluency in C programming and
excellent communication skills.
Qualifications:
- Minimum of BSCS/EE and 5 - 10 years of overall software development
experience working with UNIX/Linux operating system programming and
products.
- 3 - 5 years of Linux kernel development experience with expert knowledge
in one or more of the following areas:
    - Linux Memory Management
    - Linux Kernel Scheduler
    - Filesystems (preferably XFS)
    - Inter-process communication (IPC)
- Experience working in cross-development environments with the Linux
operating system environment and GNU/Cygnus tool chain (gcc, binutils, make,
etc.).
- Expert C Programming experience.
Preferences:
- MSCS or MSEE a plus.
- Exposure to development in or application of mass storage systems, storage
area networking, carrier-class telecommunications, or Internet
switching/routing.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., BASH, PERL, etc.)
- Familiarity with embedded microprocessors such as the PowerPC 4xx/8xx
and/or the Intel i960.
8100_w2k
Normal.dot
8100_w2k