2002 Jan 09 08:24

[vox] GOBE Part 3

Okay, I've forked out the $74.95 for the Windows version of GOBE Productive
in order to save $50 on the combined Windows/Linux version when the Linux
version is released in the first half of 2002.  Note, if you want the Linux
version and want to save the money you better order the Windows version now.
So, here is a preliminary report on the Windows version.  From what I have
seen so far this is a very exciting program.  I'll talk a little about it,
and then end this message with a swipe at Star Office, so you can skip the
end if you wish.

While I think that this program is exciting, there are those on this list
that will find it more exciting than I do.  The reason is that I'm an old
fart and haven't grown up with computers.  I've never been into the
Apple-graphics thing.  All I need is a good word processor.  Remember that
this program has been developed by the people that did Claris Works.

So, the program is graphics oriented.  The really amazing feature is the
"screens" feature.  Before I get to that let me make some other comments.

Unlike Star Office, the program loads really fast.  When it loads you have a
choice of starting an original document in any of the following
"environments":  word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, image
manipulation.