2002 Jan 04 23:50

[vox] Autofeeding LUG news (was: Idea: Sacramento Linux Consortium

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, William Kendrick wrote:

> This is why, for example, I _always_ suggest people check out SacLUG.org
> when I hear they're from Sacramento.  This is why I insist on listing
> events for LUGs as far away as San Jose on LUGOD.org's website.  (And that's
> not some automated feed, either... I have to manually go to every other LUG's
> website to see if they've figured out what their next meeting topic
> will be :) )

Perhaps we should have a discussion with local LUG sites to create
auto-feeding so we can automate news from each others' sites.  It
shouldn't be too difficult for PHP-enabled sites.  Even if we get one or
two LUGs to do it, it should ease our webmaster's work a little :)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/