2002 Jan 06 13:41

[vox] Re: [roselug] Idea: Sacramento Linux Consortium

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:48:42AM -0500, alexanderhampel@netscape.net wrote:
> I think it is a very good idea. Awareness about alternatives to the
> products of well known sanctioned monopolists needs to be increased in
> the public.

Indeed.  This is the reason there are things like the
International Demo Day. :)

I've thought in the past that, similar to the multi-LUG installfest we
held back in September, our three groups could pool together the more
knowledgable and dynamic users to demonstrate Linux to the public at large.

Unlike the installfest, though, I thought it would be neat to hold
three simultaneous demos at three locations (eg, Roseville, Sacramento
and Davis).

Not only would it allow our Linux using community as a whole reach a
broader range of people and geography, but when THREE clubs do something
all at once, more people take notice.  (And by "people," my dream here is
local new media ;) )

It's kind of like a murderer versus a serial killer. ;)

Wait... bad analogy! :)