2002 Jan 04 08:58

Re: Cute linux slogans (was Re: [vox] Underwriting Capitol Public Radio)

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 09:28:46PM -0800, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2002 08:25 pm, you wrote:
> > "Tired of that pesky Blue Screen Of Death? Try Linux! Crashes 99% less then
> > the leading OS"
> >
> > "Hate buying a new computer then having to pay another $700 for basic
> > applications? Linux comes with almost everything you need, and it's FREE!"
> >
> > "Sick of annoying programs that you don't want but can't get rid of? With
> > Linux if you don't use it you can get rid of it!"
> >
> > Comon guys, more!
> >

> Cannot think of much right now:

Neither can I, but here goes:

"Why linux?  Because being able to say, 'I took a vacation in Switzerland.'
is a lot more fun than saying, 'I've got a new computer with WindowsXP.'"

(Considering the cost of WinXP + New PC + Office + XP-specific apps).

"I'm a student.  Why do I use Linux?  Because I'm cheap.  I like free stuff.
That, and because, 'Hey baby, let's go to Taco Bell' only sounds good if
you're Sylvester Stallone."

(Considering the cost of WinXP + New PC + Office + XP-specific apps).

And, finally:

"Taking photos on digital camera: Cool.
Mailing photos to grandparents: Even More Cool.
Hoping WindowsXP loads before they die: Sucks.
Seeing a sixteen-year-old punk in Sweeden buy a Ferrari on your credit card
because you didn't install a patch released five minutes ago: Ouch.

Some people think having WindowsXP is cool.  Others like the idea of having
secure financial data.  Check out Linux, the free, stable, and more secure
operating system at: $FOO"

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Unix System Administrator

Plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens.