January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 02 13:35

Re: [vox] ricochet

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 12:16:32PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > With spamcop, I need to type [F] "spamcop@spamcop.net" [Enter]  [y]
>
> you just haven't spent any time with mutt.  that's all.
>
> # Pressing control f sends the email to spam cop
> macro index \Cf "<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>submit.ZZjtP1ORLykFQnBq@spam.spamcop.net\n"

Hehe... <smacking forehead>  Sorry...  I'm tired.  :)  I only got
1/2 as much sleep as I'm used to last night. :)

<snip>
> as we speak, i'm writing a procmail rule that will do this all
> behind-the-scenes.  no user interaction at all.

Oooh!  Tasty! :)  That reminds me, I need to make an all-in-one CGI
which will let me submit LUGOD events to numerous web-based event submission
forms.

> > Very much a pain in the butt, in comparison.
>
> no it's not.  you just haven't been very creative about it.  :-)

Well, I've always meant to.  I would've written my own "Ricochet" with
Mike Simons if he'd ever had a spare moment in his life. ;)

<snip>
> from what little i know of richochet, it sounds like spamcop is more
> thorough.

Well, either are better than simply bouncing to spam@sonic.net and
uce@ftc.gov... the latter of which becomes unresponsive after forwarding
only a few messages.  I'm not sure what it ends up busy doing, but it's
really been acting wierd the last few months. :(