Re: Why Cheap? (was Re: [vox] Fwd: Selling old VR3's)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i think at this point, there are enough agenda developers that if the company
> did fold tomorrow, i'm not quite sure it would make much of a difference.
> kind of like "what would happen to linux if redhat, mandrake and suse
> declared bankruptcy".   to be sure, it would suck.   but linux development
> would prolly not be affected all that much.

Not exactly.  Hardware doesn't duplicate as easily as software, and small
software inevitably acquires the flavor of the platform it runs on.  If
the platform goes away because it is uneconomical to produce it, why would
a similar one replace it?

> i'm pretty sure that agenda is headed the way of the dinosaur.  but i'm not
> entirely sure that's a showstopper for getting one.

For most folks, it would be.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing