Re: [vox] Layoffs... :(

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:55:16AM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:41:41AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > > Plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens.
> >
> > does this mean you like women and dogs?!?
> >

> Well, you'd think that if you watched my "home movies" (I've been reading
> too much Red Meat...)
>
> That would be "Plus /j'admire/ les /femmes/, plus j'admire les chiens."
>
> It translates to, "The more I know of men, the more I like dogs."

That really wasn't clear; let's try again.

"Plus /j'admire/ les /femmes/, plus j'admire les chiens." is "The more I
like women, the more I like dogs."

My signature translates to "The more I know of men, the more I like dogs."

My French is horrible, my grammar worse...

...and I need more bloody coffee.

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Unix System Administrator

Plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens.