[vox] like having a new computer :)

So I finally got around to installing the shiny new 120GB HD I bought
at Fry's the other day.  (Something like $199 after the mail-in rebate*)

Of course, before I could do anything, I needed to figure out how my
system could even see it.  I have an ABIT BX6 motherboard, and its old
BIOS (from about 3 years ago now!) couldn't recognize anything over 32GB.

So, not having Windows anywhere, I had to make a DOS floppy with which to
install and run the BIOS flasher.

FEW!  Anyway... at this very moment, I'm dselecting (yes, you heard it
right... I've finally switched my main system from RedHat to Debian
(which is what I run everywhere ELSE**)) and copying my old homedir off
of another machine I had backed it up onto.

While popular belief dictates that "Linux is hard to install," I've found
it (and Debian, at that!) to be the _EASIEST_ part of this 3 evening
ordeal. :)

-bill!

* wish me luck :)  I made lots of extra copies of receipts and such,
  in case they 'lose it' :)

** except my colo'd Cobalt webserver.  I assume it's Cobalt's own "distro"