Re: [vox] two amusing sights on hwy101

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 09:14:56AM -0800, John McDonnell wrote:
> So, tell us more... is it cool?

Yes.  Yes it is.  The keyboard is very nice. :)

> did you get to play with it?

Actually, I _got_ one.  Everyone who as invited to Sharps' developer
symposium (which was held the day before IWWW opened - Monday) got one.

They flew out folks from all over the country, and a few from Europe,
I think! :)

(And of course, folks from Trolltech and Opera were there, too... probably
at Sharp's expense)

<snip>
> how much?

Developer units (SL-5000) are $399.
Consumer units will be, $550, it sounds like (don't quote me.)

Consumer units will have 64MB RAM instead of 32.

> how hackable is it?

> will it play a part in my grand plan for an in car entertainment system?

Well, let's put it this way...  Compact Flash slot, for your GPS.
SD slot for your 128MB of MP3s.  MP3 player.  And a little screwhole in
the back for mounting.  Bwahahaha.