Re: [vox] [ot] french

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 12:03:17PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> you have to understand, i took one year of french in highschool and was way
> more interested in the girl sitting next to me than the class itself.  :-)
> i thought it was women because i thought "es" signified a plural feminine
> noun.  or is something goofy going on like "man" is considered feminine in
> french?

I have never taken French, but I've picked up a bit here and there.  As far
as I know, plurals are considered feminine in French, German, and Italian.

(German is my language, and yes, it's "Die Männer", not "Der Männer").

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Unix System Administrator

Plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens.