[vox] Wow! [sysadmin@simonweb.com: Our Apologies]

This is astounding.  The attached message is an apology from what is
apparently a web-hosting service in regards to a piece of spam that
was sent by one of their users.  As far as I know, I never saw this
spam - either my procmailrc blocked it or I threw it away with barely
a glance.  I certainly never contacted these guys.

If only all ISPs were as courteous as this - and as committed to
wiping out spam!

Micah
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Internet User,

We would like to sincerely apologize for an unsolicited e-mail you may have received from a user on our network. The offending e-mail entitled “This really worked for me, $$$ try, it's very easy” was sent by one of our users two days ago.

At Simonweb.com we do not support nor condone the use of unsolicited e-mail as a means of advertising. Any web hosting client of ours who is found to be taking part in the distribution of unsolicited e-mail is subject to account cancellation without notice. We have removed this user’s account and we will destroy all e-mail lists associated with this user immediately. Rest assured that you will no longer receive this message from our network.

Because our rates are so low, we are occasionally targeted by these spammers because in the even that we do cancel their account, they are not out much money.

Fighting spam is the responsibility of every internet user and there are many ways to do it. If you are interested in learning how to fight spam, please visit spam page at http://www.simonweb.com/spam.htm .

This e-mail has been sent as an apology and you will not receive further messages from us. However, we did want to take the time to write this letter to you to help you find out how you can fight spam yourself. You really are more powerful in this battle against spam than you probably realize. Again, for information on how to fight spam, please visit our spam page at http://www.simonweb.com/spam.htm.

Our sincerest apologies,
Simonweb.com

--- End Message ---