Re: [vox] Fwd: Bill on the radio!

I have linux on my laptop. I bring it to school ( DHS not UCD ) to avoid
using the G4 that liked to crash twice a day I'd been using in my networking
class, and to type the odd written assignment I have (I can't write much more
then notes without getting a cramp for some reason.) Occasionally I take it
out in random other classes to put my assignments in korginizer so that I
will actually do them. Today I pulled it out in chem to screw around with the
gimp and someone mentioned they'd heard linux was more stable then
that-other-os and I replied that linux had just crashed for the first time (
although I do sometimes have to reboot because of flaky hardware) since I'd
installed it in June. A few other students just looked at me dumbfounded and
one girl muttered 'my windows crashes like every day....'

The culprit in the crash, BTW, was a corrupt FAT12 floppy someone had been
using in a mac that I was trying to repair ( the file identification forks of
his files had gotten zapped and the program used to create them was unable to
open the raw files. ). There were some files that were maked as being like 3
gigs in size, and when i tried to delete one the whole system just froze. :/