Re: [vox] "Lord of the Rings"

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 12:09:43AM -0800, Edwin P. Groot wrote:
>      That is pretty damn funny, though I have never read the book nor seen
> the movie.  Is that borrowed from the introduction to the book?
> Edwin
> International LUGOD Alumnus
>   p.s.  SuSE is still alive in Germany.  Personal edition is 50 DM ($20)
> and professional is 80 DM ($35).

It was interesting... the latest issue of Linux Journal shows a pie chart
of most popular distros (based on info from the Linux Counter website - go
be counted!) and I think it went something like:

#1 Redhat
#2 Slackware
#3 Mandrake

For some reason, based on just talking to people, I would've thought that
Slackware'd be below Debian.  Now... nothing against Slackware (it just
/seems/ like not many people run it these days), but perhaps this is due to
a blossoming of people registering the Slackware boxes back when the
Linux Counter first appeared.

I know at LUGOD meetings, I often hear people say "I started with Slackware.."

<shrug>