Re: [vox] modification to the archive

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:02:28PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> anyone who says they haven't gotten lost in searching google hell is lying
> their butt off.   jeff newmiller and i just spent 15 minutes searching for a
> piece of information and were only partially successful.  we all know you're
> very intelligent, but you couldn't possibly be that much more competant than
> both of us put together.
>
> you're beginning to sound like the people i know on the physics and mensa
> mailing lists.  perhaps you should've gone into academia; you're more of a
> natural at it than i am.    :-)

Our differences of opinion will become (or maybe are already) legendary,
and I freely admit not every search yields useful results... I did use the
term "usually".

I didn't join Mensa for the same reasons you're hinting that I should.  :)

> change the subject line?   that idea is only slightly better than sending a
> "make money fast" email to our lists.   :)

It is one of many techniques moderators and veteran list members can use
to increase the usefullness of the list.  It is actively used today on
several of the lists I subscribe to.

A good subject line for this present email would be:
  Re: [vox] keywords for list searches [OT] was: modification to the archive
Since we're now well into a keywords discussion, and now pursuing minutiae
(Off Topic), and the prior subject line for consitencies sake.

Any recent mail reader will follow the In-Reply-To: header, so threading
is maintained, and the subject line will let readers know we're still
hashing keywords, but are now off-topic somewhat.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/