Re: [vox] modification to the archive

begin: Ted Deppner <ted@psyber.com> quote
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 12:12:55PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > herny et al, i had a good idea.
> >
> > i think our vox-tech archive would be greatly enhanced if we could add
> > "keywords" to posts.
>
> What makes you think people will use good keywords if they don't already
> use good subjects.

it's easier to describe content than it is to convey a message.

a subject conveys a message.   a keyword is a 1 or 2 word description of
content.

seems obvious to me.  i guess not to you.

> PS a better subject may have been: Q re keywords header to aid list searches

it's hard for me to tell if you're just being argumentative or if you really
hate the idea.  it seems to crystal clear to me.  maybe the problem is you
haven't done much library research.  i dunno.

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org