Re: [vox] [OT] we got spammed by a politician

Re: [vox] [OT] we got spammed by a politician

I'd like to point out a less political point in the "Who is at fault for the
energy crisis" discussion.

If anyone remembers last summer and the many reports from news outlest such as
public TV and public radio, Enron was generally being attatcked for
manipulating supply and price of electricity in the state of California.  Enron,
the countries 5th largest company now looks like if they last another 3 months
it would be a miracle.  I have to wonder if the fact that Gray Davis purchased
those energy contracts, and brought the state into the energy market,
eliminating much of the "power" that Enron had over the supply and price energy
in the state, has not been one of the major causes of their downfall.  (along
with mismanagemnet, corruption, and the cool summer that we had.)

On a Linux note, I just installed Enlightenment last night, and "Boy it sure is
Perty!"  (In my best Southern Drawl...:)  )

George