Re: [vox] Fwd: Bill on the radio!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> I think that when people start seeing Linux in their business environment,
> we will make progress with the not-quite-power users.  An advantage of
> that environment is that it is more likely to have managed computers, so
> people will learn to like Linux/Unix without causing themselves headaches
> just trying to get past gaps in their experience.

I wanted to address that issue.  I wanted to make the point that Linux is
viable in a corporate environment, where the non-technical staff is
supported by the technical staff, just as they are today with Microsoft or
Apple products.  The conversation really seemed to be oriented toward
personal use, though, so I could only get in about half of the idea.  I
was a little disappointed by that.

> Bravo, Melissa! I think you did great.  Now how many of the six
> listeners were LUGOD members? ;)

Well... thank you!

--
{ "Cats have no  } O o .