Re: [vox] Uptime :) <smirk>

On Wed, 19 December 2001, "R. Douglas Barbieri" wrote:

> I have to tweak with the power tonight and so to be safe, I'm shutting
> down my Linux box--it's such a shame because it has been running for
> almost a month:
>
> output of uptime:
>  10:19pm  up 28 days, 14:02,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>
> Just one more reason I use Linux! Try that with a Windows box... :)
>
> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug@dooglio.net
> www.dooglio.net
Ok,

PsUptime v1.1 - system uptime utility for Windows NT/2K
by Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Querying \\sac-xxxx-file01...done.

\\sac-xxxx-file01 has been up for 74 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes, 25 seconds.

It was put into production 74 days ago.
The user load is file server for approx 100 people/both personal directories and group directories.
The xxxx was changed to protect company xxxx, which I support.

Now the real story is, my file server is running on  very new Compaq hardware.  All the stuff is in the MS Hardware Compatibility List(HCL).  The system is protected by a UPS.  And I don't muck with it by putting Beta/new released SW on it.

So, there is a cost differential at work.

-sp