Re: [vox] Comments on LokiGames

well, ALL the classic DOS games -- duke, doom, the early sims, early leisure
suit larrys, etc work with dosemu.  sometimes it's just a matter of playing
around with DOS compatibility modes.

transgaming has done a remarkable job, and of course will keep on getting
better as they port more of direct x calls to wine.   i think they're due for
another release soon.  i suspect micah would have an issue with transgaming
too, since it is "encumbered software".   but then again, most of the kernel
sound drivers started life out as encumbered software too!

as far as pricing goes, i'm pretty sure that's out of loki's hands.

choice of game isn't, but i'm sure game writers aren't exactly beating loki's
door down to port games.   if we go on the assumption that the people at loki
are intelligent, they they're probably trying to port the type of games that
generate the most revenue.  they've fallen on some rough times, and their
future is very uncertain.

one this is for sure.   without customers, loki is going under.   even though
games on windows are cheaper (and heavy gear is a great example), i gladly
paid the 30 bucks for the linux version as opposed to 4.99 at frys for the
windows version.   and i'd do it again, and again.

pete

begin: R. Douglas Barbieri <doug@dooglio.net> quote

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org