Why Cheap? (was Re: [vox] Fwd: Selling old VR3's)

Why Cheap? (was Re: [vox] Fwd: Selling old VR3's)

What am I missing? Is it just that Palm and WinCE have such a lock on
consumer eyeballs that competing systems don't sell?  or has there been
news about the company that I haven't noticed? A $250 to $89 price drop in
a couple of months seems like exceptionally bad news for the company.
Buying a product when the price is dropping so fast seems like a bad
consumer decision (despite the fact that I am thinking of buying one just
to play with because it is so cheap and I like Linux :)... it looks like
either it could get even cheaper soon, or the company will fold and the
platform will go obsolete.