Re: [vox] like having a new computer :)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 02:01:33AM -0800, William Kendrick wrote:
> right... I've finally switched my main system from RedHat to Debian

Yeah!  Another linux user has emerged from the primordial ooze and is
taking their first tenative steps on dry land!

Congratulations on making the switch... you'll never go back.

> While popular belief dictates that "Linux is hard to install," I've found
> it (and Debian, at that!) to be the _EASIEST_ part of this 3 evening
> ordeal. :)

Absolutely.  Debian does the right thing most of the time, from a ease of
use, and from a security standpoint.  I've had an easier time installing
USB devices (keyboard,mouse) under linux than windows... (windows requires
a disk - try installing a usb keyboard and mouse at the same time!).

> * wish me luck :)  I made lots of extra copies of receipts and such,
>   in case they 'lose it' :)

rsync is your friend.

--
Ted Deppner