Re: [vox] modification to the archive

keyword: bulk

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:02:28PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> <snip>
> > 1. a keyword is easier than writing a good subject line.
>
> Well, I'm curious.  Where would one even enter keywords?  At the top of
> the body of the message, in a faux-header line?  Or as an actual
> "X-Keywords:" header?

see above; very simple.  i'm sure you'd get the hang of it sooner or later.

> Like I said in my last message...  good idea, but unless we hammer people
> to DEATH about it,

like mark said, it only takes one person.   i answer most questions to
vox-tech.   nuff said.

there would also be a few other smart people who would follow suit.  i can
envision many of the people who have a tendency to answer vox-tech questions
using them.  the dumb/lazy people will be carried along by those of us
who would use them.   but i suspect that people would use them.  nobody wants
to be thought of as dumb.

case in point.  before we had [vox] prepended to subjects, i'd say that
people did a pretty damned good job of doing it themselves.   we had a couple
of people forget here and there, but on the whole, the vast majority of us
did it.  because linux users tend to be pretty intelligent people who realize
good things when they see them.

> (In my opinion)

fair enough.

peter